CONSUMER GUARANTEE AND MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY
MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY ON BOSS COMPACT PEDALS AND ROLAND DIGITAL PIANOS AND KEYBOARDS
Roland offers an additional warranty on Boss Compact Pedals and Roland Digital Pianos and Keyboards. Please note that this is in addition to the Consumer Guarantee.
Click HERE to read the Five (5) Year Manufacturer’s Warranty on Boss Compact Pedals
Click HERE to read the Ten (10) Year Manufacturer’s Warranty on selected Roland Digital Pianos and Keyboards (effective 1st January, 2015)
Click HERE to read the Five (5) Year Manufacturer’s Warranty on selected Roland Digital Pianos and Keyboards (effective 1st April, 2014)
All Roland products sold by RCA or its Authorised dealers are covered by Consumer Guarantees under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010. These guarantees are as follows:
1. Suppliers and manufacturers guarantee that goods are of acceptable quality when sold to a consumer
2. A supplier guarantees that goods will be reasonably fit for any purpose the consumer or supplier specified
3. Suppliers and manufacturers guarantee that their description of goods (for example, in a catalogue or television commercial) is accurate
4. A supplier guarantees that goods will match any sample or demonstration model and any description provided
5. Suppliers and manufacturers guarantee that the goods will satisfy any extra promises made about them (express warranties)
6. A supplier guarantees they have the right to sell the goods (clear title), unless they alerted the consumer before the sale that they had ‘limited title
7. A supplier guarantees that no one will try to repossess or take back goods, or prevent the consumer using the goods, except in certain circumstances
8. A supplier guarantees that goods are free of any hidden securities or charges and will remain so, except in certain circumstances
9. Manufacturers or importers guarantee they will take reasonable steps to provide spare parts and repair facilities for a reasonable time after purchase
Roland goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
MAKING A CLAIM
Any claim made under this consumer guarantee must be made by contacting us, either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 02 9981 1875 or post to Roland Corporation Australia Pty Ltd ACN 001 359 002 at 38 Campbell Ave, Dee Why NSW 2099, within the applicable consumer guarantee period from the date of purchase from one of our authorised dealers, and providing us with details of the alleged defect and evidence of purchase from one of our authorised dealers. We will provide you with details of the nearest Roland authorised service agent.
When making a claim under this consumer guarantee you are required (at your expense) to return the Goods to that Roland authorised service agent and to collect it. When the Goods are delivered to that Roland authorised service agent you are required to provide us with proof of purchase which details the purchase date, Goods serial number and the identity of the authorised dealer. Upon delivery to the Roland authorised service agent, we will organise for the Goods to be assessed to determine (at our discretion) if the alleged defect is covered by this consumer guarantee. The Roland authorised service agent will advise you by telephone, email or in writing whether the alleged defect is covered by this consumer guarantee. Any and all defects covered by this consumer guarantee will be scheduled for repair or replacement (at our option) and undertaken within a reasonable period of time, depending upon the availability of replacement parts, components and appropriate persons to undertake the work.
1. What products and services are guaranteed?
2. Consumer guarantees on products and services
3. Who to claim a remedy from
4. Exceptions to guarantees
5. How to Make a Consumer Complaint
6. More information
Full details of your consumer rights may be found at www.consumerlaw.gov.au
Australian Consumer Law has issued a booklet called ‘Consumer Guarantees – A guide for businesses and legal practitioners’ and you can download it here