Last Updated 12 March, 2014
Roland Corporation Australia (RCA) respects your privacy and is committed to the protection of your personal information. We primarily collect your personal information when you interact with us – these interactions include, but not limited to, signing up to our newsletter, entering a competition, and applying for a value add redemption.
We collect the personal information:
- to keep you posted on RCA’s latest news, such as product announcements, software updates, events and giveaways
- to help us develop, deliver, and improve our products and services
- to contact you after you have corresponded with us
- to send you information you may have requested
- to send important notices, such as communication regarding purchases, changes to our terms, conditions and policies
- for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis and research to improve RCA’s products, services and customer service
Collection of Personal Information
Personal information means any information we hold about you which your identity is either clear or reasonably identifiable. We may collect personal information from you when:
- you fill in an application form, including rebate and value add redemptions
- you register your purchased product
- deal with us over the phone
- create an account with RCA
- attend a RCA event
- ask to be contacted by RCA
- purchase a product from RCA
- email RCA
- interact with RCA on websites, including social media
- loan or consign a product from RCA
If you choose not to provide your personal information when requested, please be aware that we may not be able to deliver the product or service that you have requested.
Uses and Sharing
We use the personal information provided by you for purposes consistent with the reason you provided it, or for a directly related purposes only. We do not share your personal information with other organisations unless:
- you give us your consent
- sharing is otherwise required or permitted by law
Protecting your privacy is very important to us. If you wish to interact with us anonymously, you can do so by calling RCA on (02) 9982 8266 or by sending an anonymous email to email@example.com
Accessing your Personal Information
From time to time, we may use your personal information we collect from you to contact you about the products or services that may be of interest to you. We will always give you a choice to opt out of receiving such information in future if you wish. The method of contact may be but not limited to:
- Telephone call
- Social media (ie. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+)
Mail Accessing and Updating your information
You have the right to request and update the personal information we hold about you. You can access your personal information by contacting RCA. Contact: The Privacy Officer
Roland Corporation Australia
PO Box 18 Dee Why NSW 2099
P: (02) 9982 8266
F: (02) 9981 1875
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold are accurate and up-to-date. Please advise us of a change of details, we will amend our records accordingly.
We store information, including your personal information in different ways, including in paper and electronic form. The security of your personal information is important to us and we take reasonable steps to protect it from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, alteration and disclosure.
We limit access to personal information to individuals and we keep personal information only as long as it is required for business purposes or by law.
We collect anonymous data from website visits, including type of browser, operating system, referring page and click statistics for Google Analytics. We apply Microsoft defined website security best practises and apply all security patches released by Microsoft to our web servers. We never store credit card information on our web servers or web databases.